With the collaboration of the Spanish section of the IEEE
CALL FOR PAPERS
Main mission of this Conference:
Focus the needs and impacts to the digital transformation in business and society. The implications in the transversal sectors such as logistics; Manufacturing; Tourism; Advanced sectors (aeronautics, automotive;...), and also in the Public Sector.
The 56th FITCE Congress will be in a forum that brings together international researchers, Telecommunication engineers committed to basic and applied research, creators of innovation as well as professionals who develop their activity in the fields that are demanded in the "topics" of Congress.
In parallel, draw conclusions about the impact of this transformation is taking place in the profession of engineer of telecommunication, regarding his current situation both in Spain and in the EU, and get recommendations on the future of the qualifications, curriculum and content.
The 56th Congress FITCE is structured in 3 main axes:
1. A scientist of great quality, with technical assistance from the IEEE and shaft aimed at the scientific and technological community. The achievement of this axis will be technical presentations that are approved by the program Committee which will be presented at the sessions of the Congress. This scientific axis will be completed with the intervention of "keynote speakers" guests, of great relevance.
2. An industrial and technological axis directed to companies and public administrations, with the technological objective an innovative technological experience exhibition. The achievement of this axis will focus mainly on workshops.
3. A professional axis, directed at engineers of Telecom, through discussions on vocational guidance, its capabilities and the evolution from the curriculum of the university degrees. This axis will be connected with the acts related to the 50th anniversary of the official College of Telecommunications Engineers (COIT) and
with the participation of European visitors to Fitce that will enrich the general knowledge.
- Delivery of "papers": March 31, 2017
- Notification to authors: May 15, 2017
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The 56th FITCE Congress focuses its interest in those scientific and technological works related to the Digital transformation and its impact on the company and society, which includes, but is not limited to, the following "topics":
- Internet of things (IoT), especially sensor network and its deployment Impact on the competitiveness of the industry (industry 4.0) and logistics
- Involvement of the deployment of mobile networks 5G and new communications networks
- Impact on the use of the radio spectrum
- Grid Computing and Cloud-based applications
- "Smart" technologies applied to the major infrastructures (cities; Ports; Airports;...)
- Big Data and Analytics applications
- Applications for environmental management and/or energy efficiency Applications of cybersecurity
- Applications for education
- Chairs of honour: Andy Valdar, President of FITCE and Eugenio Fontán, President
of the Spanish Association of Telecommunication engineers
- General Chairs: Miguel Merino (AEIT) and Professor of the University of Vigo and Maria Nuno (AEIT) and Senior Management Associate in PWC.
- Chairs of programs: Evaristo April (AEIT) and Professor, former rector of the University of Valladolid and Felix Perez, Director of the ETSIT, Madrid
GUIDE FOR THE PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
Authors are invited to submit their works under PDF format. Submitted manuscripts must be structured as technical documents and can not exceed 10 pages size letter (8.5x 11) including all figures, tables and references using the IEEE format for the proceedings of the Congress.
- The official language of the Congress is English. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged by their technical value, originality, significance, quality of presentation, and the interest and relevance to the Conference.
Papers must represent original unpublished research and that it is not being reviewed in any other conference or journal. Documents that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected without review and may take measures, including (but not limited to) the notifications sent to managers of the institutions which come from the authors and sponsors of the Conference. Submissions received after the due date, which exceed the page limit, or are not properly structured can not be considered. The authors can be contacted with the representatives of the Congress for more information.
Online document delivery system is https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgiThe "proceedings" will be published through the publication services of the Congress and/or of the Spanish section of the IEEE.
>> back to list