The ever increasing need of bandwidth will soon bring the need for Gbit speeds to every home. Broadband speeds in Belgium have long been in the top of Europe but with the increasing rollout of FTTH networks in many European countries actions are needed to make sure Belgium stays in the top.
In this event we are looking to hear from key players in the Telecom market
17h00 Welcome and registration
17h30 – Start part 1
- Welcome and introduction by Raf Meersman (CEO @ Comsof and Board Member @ FITCE.be)
- Gigabit speeds – Eric Festraets, Director Strategic Marketing @ NOKIA Fixed Networks
- FTTH in Europe and Belgium – Erzsebet Fitori – Director @ FTTH Council EU
- Regulator viewpoint – Axel Desmedt – Council Member @ BIPT
18h45 Short Break (with coffee and sandwiches)
19:15 Start Part 2 - the views of the Infrastructure owners
- Proximus - Guillaume Guevar – Director Fibre Programme @ Proximus
- Telenet – Laurent Eeckhout - Director Technology & innovation @ Telenet
- Fluvius – Philip Cauwel - Project Leader FTTH @ Fluvius
20h30 Round table (discussion and Q&A with audience)
21h00 Networking Reception
Some pictures say more than a thousand words... Don't hesitate to browse some of the pictures and testimonial video's of our past events...
This conference aims at tackling the issues raised by introducing digital technologies in smart cities, including both theoretical as well as practical aspects, considered from a multi-disciplinary perspective.